Tuesday, March 22, 2011

fascinators

i have been obsessed with all things fancy dress england for a number of years now.  the best aspect of this obsession is fascinators!! 

over the summer my friends and i went on a mission to find me a fascinator in chi (chichester) for my friends wedding in vt.  what a fabulous day!  it was magical!  we started the day with breakfast at the old navy and proceeded to see every fascinator shop and m+s (i also had a twiggy eco-friendly bag obsession that was happily fullfilled that day). we had such a great time, and i walked away with three amazing fascinators.  i felt like a million bucks!!

ever since then i have enjoyed wearing my fascinators and sharing with others.  my friends and i have said we should import them or make them ourselves.  so this weekend, i decided to start making them!  it has been lots of fun, and i am already seeing results.  i wore one out to dinner last night, and was asked for my contact info for buying, yeah! 

soon to post photos on facebook, and going to get going on etsy.  im excited.  i really enjoy making them, and i stopped by my local sewing store for fabric today.  i stumbled upon beautiful lace from a lingerie store that went out of business.  gorgeous.  im already envisioning the fabulousness to be created!

here is a preview of the fascinators!

No comments:

Post a Comment