Monday, March 7, 2011

red carpet hair

i had never seen the Rachael Ray before, but last friday there i was watching Kyan teach us how to do our own Oscar hairstyles.  his styling of Scarlett Johansson's messy, curly bob intrigued me.  Kyan made it look so easy, simply using a flatiron instead of curling iron to bump the hair.  keep it messy and a little crazy.

my plan for the day was to meet up with a friend to dress shop for her, and then to do a few errands of my own.  i had decided that i was sick of the casual clothes i was wearing day in and day out, and i would get dressed up for errands!  the red carpet hair seemed like the perfect addition to my dress and heels.  also, i had never before seen a how-to hair segment on tv and actually done it at home - perfect!

i heated up my flatiron and started bumping and crimping.  it wasnt looking fabulous but i kept going.  and once i was to the point where i looked worse than i did before i started, i knew it was time to get out the curling iron.  after i curled random sections, things started to shape up!  the curls were really helping out, and the previously random bumps started to blend in nicely!  a touch of hairspray and i was done!

feeling fabulous i set off on my day of dress up errands.  my friend noticed my look and asked me where i was going later.  after replying "no where, im just sick of jeans," she laughed and agreed that it was well worth it to dress up for the heck of it!  and i felt fantastic.  its more fun to click around the grocery store in heels, the post office seems fancier when i swoosh through the door in a dress. 

fresh off the heels of my successful friday, i decided to Kyan my hair again on saturday, this time curling first and then bumping.  i think it was better bumping then curling, but i still liked it!

all in all, i may watch Rachel again, i will definitely try more do-it-yourself hair and i will never hesitate to dress up for the heck of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment