Wednesday, April 20, 2011

update

its been a while!

i turned 30, briefly freaked out about turning 30 and came full circle about not worrying about 30, good times.

in the meantime, i had a few girlfriends come by my place who were able to hem my dress for me.  it was the final step towards finishing my first sewing project!  i couldnt gauge how long it should be while also wearing the garment, quite the conundrum.  i am due to visit my friend a new mom tomorrow so i think i will schedule the final sewing for friday.  i must admit that after almost 75% complete i got intimidated by the sleeves.  but then my boyfriend asked me to patch one of his shirts, so i said, ok fab, let me fix this.  and i did!  with that new found confidence i finished the sleeves of my dress, not exactly as they suggested, but finished indeed.  and now i feel like a million bucks.  hemming here i come!

a week ago i also went to my library to renew anna karenina.  fantastic book, but really long.  i am at about page 300 of 800.  yikes.  i enjoy it and easy read i will say, but just really long.

No comments:

Post a Comment